Thursday 22 August 2013

My first outfit post!

 
Inspired by Jeni Yesterday, I've finally decided to do an outfit post!  I actually took these photos (or more correctly, Hayley took them) in May when we went for a little jaunt around the seafront, but I hadn't got round to doing anything with them.  So here is my first outfit post, I will try to do more - or maybe even just remember to take pictures of what I wear when I'm filming!
 
Outfit details below all the pictures 
It was very windy so I am actually just making sure my hat
doesn't go for an unexpected swim in the channel
 
 
 
I think this also marks the first post with a 'pier-shot',
which coming from a Brightonian is pretty good going
 
This looks like I have tiny feet and really lumpy calves -
the wonders of photography
 
Should've ironed that
 
The corselette means I can means
I can wear gorgeous tops with sheer backs
 
I'm a little teapot...
 


My lovely helper Hayley who put up with taking
many dozens of photos of me being really awkward
 
1950s hat: picked up at a vintage fair, can't remember which one

1930s style sunglasses: a present from my mum, they're Russian and have CCCP (so pre 1991) and a few other bits in Cyrillic written on them

Blouse: actually a peignoir I bought for £5 when I worked at To Be Worn Again that I shortened

Corselette: What Katie Did, of course


Gloves: again, from any number of vintage fairs

Shoes: Aris Allens I bought at HepCats' Holiday and had resoled - they are the most comfortable shoes

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my wardrobe, I'd love to hear what you think of my outfit and the post in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! I especially liked the 'I should've ironed that' comment and your pretend teeny tiny feet. Here's to many more outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Its about time this happened. Do it more! I especially enjoyed the slightly sarcastic (I hope) comments to go with the pictures. That skirt is such a winner. I seems to go with everything.

    ReplyDelete